TD Bank, N.A., a subsidiary of Canadian Toronto-Dominion Bank, is one of the top 10 American banking institutions. TD Bank, calling itself “America’s Most Convenient Bank”, is a part of TD Bank Group, with the headquarters in Toronto, Canada. The bank’s head offices are situated in Portland, Maine, and Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
TD Bank provides a variety of financial services and products, such as banking, brokerage, investment, and insurance. TD Bank locations
and automated teller machines can be found in Washington D.C., New York, New Jersey, South Carolina, North Carolina, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Florida, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Virginia.
Landmarks in the History of TD Bank
TD Bank Today
- 1852 – Portland Savings Bank, the predecessor of TD Bank, is opened in Portland, Maine.
- 1983 – The bank becomes Peoples Heritage Bank.
- 1900 – People Heritage Bank takes the name Banknorth and expands into the market of New England.
- 2000 – The holding company Banknorth Group Inc. is started on the 10th of May,
- 2001 – Banknorth Group and its subsidiaries are merged into Banknorth N.A.
- 2004 – TD Bank Group starts purchasing Banknorth’s shares. Soon it holds the majority of them and the company becomes TD Banknorth.
- 2005 – TD Banknorth buys Hudson United Bank, located in Mahwah, New Jersey, expanding its presence in that region.
- 2006 – TD Banknorth purchases Interchange Financial Services.
- 2007 - TD Bank Group completes the acquisition of TD Banknorth.
- 2008 – The bank adopts its present name, TD Bank, N.A, after Commerce Bank, working since 1973, is acquired, renamed and merged with TD Banknorth.
- 2010 – TD Bank purchases South Financial Group and merges with their subsidiaries, Carolina First Bank and Mercantile Bank. This deal attaches 176 TD Bank locations to the bank’s network.
- 2010 – In June, the bank presents the new mascot, whose name is “TD”.
- 2012 – In October, TD Bank notifies its 330,000 clients about possible data breach.
Not long ago the America’s Most Convenient Bank celebrated its 160th anniversary. Bharat Masrani is the bank’s current chief executive.
Nowadays there are more than 1,300 TD Bank locations
all over the United States. TD Bank has approximately 2,600 regular employees.
Banking and Corporate Awards
TD Bank owns a number of important awards, proving its first-class customer service and convenience. Below there is a list of them.
Facts about TD
- Best Bank in the North America (2009 – 2011) according to Euromoney Magazine.
- Greenwich Excellence Awards (2011)
- Best Regional Bank on the East Coast (2011) according to Money Magazine.
- The 21st position in the list of the Most Valuable Banking Brands, made by Brand Finance Banking World.
Here are some important facts about TD Bank Group and its subsidiaries:
TD Bank Online
- TD Bank locations operate in fifteen states of the USA and the D.C.
- Moody’s Investors Service, rank Toronto-Dominion Bank the Aaa rating.
- Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on New York Stock Exchange and Toronto Stock Exchange. Its ticker symbol is “TD”.
TD Bank’s website provides a number of personal, small business and corporate banking services in online mode.
Anyone can easily get account information, transfer money between accounts, make payments, manage checks and credit cards, calculate mortgage rates and payments, get different types of loans, identify theft protection, use international services, etc.
TD Bank’s corporate website is available in English and in Spanish. It can be used for getting different online services.
There is also a very convenient TD Bank locator. One can use it to find the nearest bank’s location in the United States.